Please pray for Christmas miracle.
Fox news is covering the conviction and sentencing of Said Abedini, but there’s not much from the mainstream or interest and/or outrage from other governments. Iran sentenced the American pastor to 8 years in Iran’s notoriously brutal prison. Our State Dept. has made but a weak rebuke. Hopefully the world will care, if we make it known:
Charles Krauthammer summarizes the dangers lost on a naive President Obama in “Obama’s Nuclear Posturing, Part Deux”.
- Iran “is frantically enriching uranium to make a bomb, and which our own State Department identifies as the greatest exporter of terrorism in the world.”
- ” Syria has just been discovered transferring lethal Scud missiles to Hezbollah, the Middle East’s most powerful non-state terrorist force. This is the same Syria that was secretly building a North Korean-designed nuclear reactor until the Israeli air force destroyed the facility three years ago.”
- Pakistan “is adding to the world’s stockpile of fissile material every day.”
- Pakistan’s “own secret service, the ISI, is of dubious loyalty, some of its elements being sympathetic to the Taliban and thus, by extension, to al-Qaeda.”
- A “softening of the U.S. nuclear deterrent posture (sparing non-proliferation compliant states from U.S. nuclear retaliation if they launch a biochemical attack against us)
- “Iran is about a year away from acquiring the fissile material to make a nuclear bomb. Then, only a very few years until weaponization.”